Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you still boycott the Goldstone retail park?

Do you still boycott the Goldstone retail park?

• Yes, of course

Votes: 78 62.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • I'd like to say I do, but I've had a few sneaky visits

Votes: 14 11.2%

• Total voters

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
The Albion Roar show are doing a segment every week called 'Memories Of' - they've been great to listen to so far and very emotional for those who record them for us (it's only a couple of minutes of memories).
If anyone would like to record one with me, please PM me and we'll record YOUR memories of, and give you a copy for posterity!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It's not the shop's fault that they bought the land, regardless of how much they paid for it...The only shop I boycotted at the time was Focus and then Wickes when they were owned by Archer.

As others have mentioned, life moves on and in an ironically weird sort of way (and this isn't condoning what Archer, Stanley & Bellotti did to us), had the goldstone not have been sold then we may still be playing in a run down old ground...we would have been just another club with a dodgy board...probably have gone into administration a couple of times...whereas because of what has happened, we're now looking forward to playing in a nice spanky new stadium and the club is in the best shape financially than it has ever been...I know a few of you will disagree, but this is just my own opinion.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Never go there.

HOWEVER, a couple of years ago my Mother-in- law had bought a TV from Comet - the Branch on the London Road - when we got there to collect it we were told it had to be picked up from their other Branch 'in Hove'

I refused to go anywhere near the place and parked two streets away - and told my wife to get the shop assistant to bring it to the car - which they did.

If we had moved under different circumstances it would be different - and when we get to Falmer I may well feel differently, but at the moment I simly cannot go in there.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
To be honest, I boycott it rather by default than anything else. I live nowhere near it and rarely have reason to go to Hove, so making a conscious decision to boycott doesn't really come into it.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
When living 'back home' part of the Albion was walking past Coral,s into the park and seeing those floodlights bowing over the Goldstone. I have moved on but won't go there. Plus still boycott Focus. :wave:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I once got a clip round the ear for climing on THE Goldstone in Hove Park.........Is that bad, I was only about 9/10yrs old........????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here