Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer on Google Earth

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Where the fook is it? Is this new fangled stadium all just a cruel hoax? I downloaded this picture five minutes ago on Google Earth. You can see the boundary between B & H City Council and Lewes District Council pretty well

3758182405_731bb3d8d2_o.jpg

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Funnily enough I looked at this the other day.

Look at the date in the bottom left hand corner !!:thumbsup: Probably a clue to when the image was taken.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
well firstly the University of Sussex is north the A27!!

Not sure how often they update Google Earth but would imagine its only every 5 years or so

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Some people have far too much time on thier hands :laugh:

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
If you look at the image date you will see that it was from April 2007, hence why no one has done any work.

Google earth is rubbish, i was looking the other day and it gave me mages from 2004. hardly live images if you ask me?!?!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Google earth is rubbish, i was looking the other day and it gave me mages from 2004. hardly live images if you ask me?!?!

since when is it suppose to be live? its only as good as the images collected by third parties.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If you look at the image date you will see that it was from April 2007, hence why no one has done any work.

Eh? It's not supposed to be live.

I think that Google have done an absolutely superb job at collecting all of that aerial photography. Google Earth is one of the best applications of the last 10 years IMO.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
My bad, i just assumed it was supposed to be live but even still surely they can give me more recent images than 5 years ago?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
My bad, i just assumed it was supposed to be live but even still surely they can give me more recent images than 5 years ago?

Whaaaat? It's not live? Are you sure?

Have a look again. I'm waving out of my window.

:wozza: :wozza: :wozza: :wozza:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Whaaaat? It's not live? Are you sure?

Have a look again. I'm waving out of my window.

:wozza: :wozza: :wozza: :wozza:

Yeah, I watched my missus drive our car from Bexhill to Hove last week, she was doing 100 past Falmer. Just wait until I see her next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here