Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Incredible price on the Asics Metaspeed Edge+ - down to £77 from £225.

Use code O4AR5R1DST to get them down to £69 and free delivery...

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Managed my first 10k this morning, up to the YHA on the SDW and back. Was a bit of an effort, but pleasing that I didn't have to stop and walk for any of it. Two weeks in Mexico from Friday won't do anything to get the distances back up, though. Looks like I might have to brave the dreadmill for a few runs.
I’ve been running 5k’s on the treadmill at the gym 3 or 4 times a week recently to break up the monotony of the rower.
A few weeks ago a small group who do a 6am 5km on the road a couple of times a week convinced me to join them.
Overtime, 5km gradually became 7km (they don’t tell me this before we set off…) and then this morning I’ve got back from my first 10km. I’m beyond chuffed, but the ridiculous thing is that the rest of our small running group are even more pleased for me than I am for myself.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Well done @Bry Nylon you should let yourself known to the NSC Hove Park Parkrunners, if you're ever there. We'll give you loads of support. Until we get to know you better of course.
Like you my mojo is flying and I managed a club 1500m on Monday at Withdean for the first time in 22 months. It was enough to make me happy for the whole of my 2024 running. I can retire.
I was in the slow heat and was shocked when this bloke shot off at the start and left us for dead. I stuck to my planned pace but kept trying to catch him as he maintained a 50m lead. On the last lap I worked hard but he did enough. You have to respect a frontrunner. It takes bigga balls. He got home 4 seconds ahead. My time was enough to beat John Orden's time in the medium heat by 2 seconds, which is only of interest to @GNT if he's reading.
I loved the adrenaline, the fear of blowing up half way and ending up close to 2022's time. Now to plod about readying for 800m and 3000m at Lewes track Monday night.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure I've shared that I got a green light from the cardiologist, to return tentatively to running.

I've been building gradually with just short runs. I've not run further than about 8 miles yet. Just love being back at it again.

IMG_4198.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here