Yes, m'lady

1714493928626.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing to do with RDZ in or out but…

Many on here seem to be falling back on “next season with our players back” as grounds for optimism.

The laws of physiology aren’t being suspended for the 2024/25 season. Injuries will continue to occur and, given the number that seem to have occurred in training this season, there’s no real reason aside from the law of averages to assume we’ll be any luckier in the next campaign.

I’m hoping the coaching/medical set up features very highly in Uncle Tony’s traditional post-season stock-take.
Starling's law of the heart?

I'm sure we can find a way around that :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have calmed down since Sunday now and would change Fence to In on the condition that he wants to stay rather than he’s going to stay because all the big jobs have drifted away. No way of knowing of course.

Credit in the bank during the mostly inept clueless borefest of the past few months because he has in the past played the best and most exciting football I’ve ever seen from the Albion. That wasn’t by chance.
Extraordinarily measured comment :bowdown:

Glad it's climbed back over 50% tho I guess it may drop under as the rest of the season won't be pretty

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hughton didnt get us to our highest league finish, nor did he get us our highest points total and neither did he get us to play in Europe for the very first time in our club’s history. I for one would love for him to be backed this summer with some quality signings and look forward to another serious challenge next season.
Also, @POSKETT AT THE VALLEY is under the impression we sacked Potter. That also is an, er, exaggeration.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm not a medic - so please any medics feel free to correct me on this - but I've never heard of blood tests indicating a muscle strain. I have a feeling that that rumour comes from a similar supply chain as the much-missed Ben's Grandad's rumours.
Might be wrong but I think football clubs can and do use blood tests to, among other things, detect the fatigue that can increase the likelihood of muscle strains and other injuries.

But the theory is still a load of old balls 😉

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'm not a medic - so please any medics feel free to correct me on this - but I've never heard of blood tests indicating a muscle strain. I have a feeling that that rumour comes from a similar supply chain as the much-missed Ben's Grandad's rumours.
I’m not a medic either but have several inflammatory diseases that cause severe muscle fatigue - I have monthly blood tests which (if a doctor requests the right ones) show a number of inflammatory markers in the blood - the levels of these markers (like C-reactive protein and serum interleukin ) can indicate health of muscle, including the loss of muscle strength and muscle fatigue so presumably these help in forecasting likelihood of injury. (Also ph levels in the blood change when muscles are fatigued along with lactic acids and potassium levels.)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Might be wrong but I think football clubs can and do use blood tests to, among other things, detect the fatigue that can increase the likelihood of muscle strains and other injuries.

But the theory is still a load of old balls 😉

Muscle injuries can be tested for with a creatine kinase (ck) test. This test can pick up other problems with brain and heart as well as long and short term muscle injuries. When a muscle injury occures creatine kinase leaks into the blood stream from the muscle, so even a minor injury that may not be noticeable can be detected with a blood test.

A professional football club would obviously use other tests and scan etc to detect the full extent of the injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here