[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I truly hope you are right. Chatting to my Mum's Ukraine neighbours they said all they can do is hope and believe eventually Ukraine will win out even if it takes ten years. Hope it's a lot sooner than that.
Yes, I understand that 🤞🏻. It does often feel that, although Ukraine has daily successes (oil refineries, airfield hits etc), the front line on the ground stays where it is or eats a bit more of Ukrainian territory.

Putin is clearly in this 'for ever ', so we have to hope the West is as well.

Our friends in Zaporizhzhia and elsewhere are depressed by the daily reality of shelling and air sirens.

Unless the Russian hierarchy implodes I don't see how this ends at the moment ☹️.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think the Russians have fallen into a trap set up by the Americans and nato
The weapons they need are coming or already there and I expect them to start pushing the Russians back
How much is true and how much fog of war, I'm unsure..... but 2 days ago I read that in Kharkov direction, it was the biggest ever recorded single day losses for Russia with over 1750 killed in 1 day.

It said the Ukrainians had stepped back, let the meat move into their kill zone and simply obliterated them?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
How much is true and how much fog of war, I'm unsure..... but 2 days ago I read that in Kharkov direction, it was the biggest ever recorded single day losses for Russia with over 1750 killed in 1 day.

It said the Ukrainians had stepped back, let the meat move into their kill zone and simply obliterated them?
And it's not the first time 👍, but if true those numbers are high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports