Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Well Done Horsham.

Hastings started brightly for the first five minutes and the opening goal was probably against the run of play.

From then on, Horsham were in pretty much complete control, and the second goal (scored by ex Albion Shamir Fenelon) scored before half time sealed the tie.

A decent crowd too - although I must admit I much prefer my WSU seat/view compared to WSL

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fair play and congratulations to Horsham tonight, the best team won comfortably 3-0 and well done for a great season. 4800+ crowd tonight too.
Same crowd the women got the other week after the best efforts on social media from the club.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Who knows? I'm sure it's happened before, lots of extra travelling and overheads involved whern playing Isthmian League football.
yes perhaps

whilst they may not go out of their way to tell players not to win games, they may provide less motivation, rest key players etc

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Who knows? I'm sure it's happened before, lots of extra travelling and overheads involved whern playing Isthmian League football.
yes perhaps

whilst they may not go out of their way to tell players not to win games, they may provide less motivation, rest key players etc
Intestine points of view. Although Newhaven’s revenue will be a lot higher than most others at that level due to the 4G pitch they’ve got, which rakes in money. So not sure being promoted would be any real strain financially

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here