Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Australia v Ecuador (24th & 28th March)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've just spotted that Ecuador have a double header of friendlies in Sydney and Melbourne during the forthcoming international break on 24th and 28th March.

If Caicedo, Estupiñán and Sarmiento are in the squad and depart Melbourne the morning after the second game, the earliest they can get off a flight from Australia is 48 hours before we kick-off against Brentford.

Let's hope that they are either not in the squad. Or if they are, that they can return to Brighton after the first game.

Socceroos.com.au

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Nice spot. I personally want players to feel that coming to our club can help them with their international careers, so I totally support them playing for the countries and i'm sure the club will be totally supportive.

I also don't think it sits right that we have a club business model of buying players from half way round the world because they are cheaper, and a fan base who get sniffy about the player then flying half way round the world sometimes.

That said, Australia is a long way to go and even if they get back in time, are unlikely to be 100% for the following game. So who knows, some or all may opt out of it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
1-1 now and Sarmiento subbed on 30 minutes, injured,

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Three ongoing match threads about this now but lets do this one maybe.
2-1 Australia, good goal from someone the commentators calls Ally McBeal (?)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What injury was it?
Like a minute after the goal, he just laid down in the grass, obviously hurt somewhere.

Managed to walk off though so shouldn't be that serious.

Not obvious exactly where the pain was but they he walked suggests maybe a hip or hamstring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here