Millwall FC V Brighton and Hove Albion FC ** OFFICIAL THREAD**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
total rubbish..whats that 5/6 games no win..just relegation form..im sorry with the inept managers tactics, his 2 sidekick buffoons, and 90% o the players under performing ..we aint going nowhere apart from ...down ....down ..down !!!!!

:fishing:

prat

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
how long do u wanna give em a ?? 10 games 20 ??? till next april ?? live in the real world barrell were crap !!

I despair sometimes. What next? Sack him. Bring in yet another manager who inherits a squad that are unsure of their place and uncertain of what the future holds for them under a different manager...

Slade had a slow start with an alien team last season, but managed to turn them around when it mattered. He now has a team that are not entirely comfortable with each other as they have played less than SIX games together, if that.

He deserves, at least, the season coming unless we are still on single figures within the next few months. What is it with people wanting someone to be sacked after a poor run? Would you bat an eyelid if we had this poor run at Christmas? I seem to remember that we were dismal over the festive period under Wilkins, but managed to stop the rot and turn things around, eventually finishing 7th (having been 16th at one stage).

Let's not act like the chairman that most of us castigate (for sacking a manager after a few games). Six games is not a decent yardstick or acid test, not forgetting that we made life difficult for ourselves by losing three men to red cards.

f*** it. Why do I bother? Think what you like. What I do feel is that you are being incredibly unfair. Do you think the Manchester United board were wrong to stick with Ferguson when his time was almost up? Now I am not, for one minute, suggesting that we have a new Fergie on our hands, but it shows that patience can pay dividends.

I do not think the doubters would be going so wild if we had lost the last two games to a lesser extent. Why did we lose to Huddersfield and Stockport? Anything to do with having less men on the field and basic errors? Is that entirely Slade's fault?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I despair sometimes. What next? Sack him. Bring in yet another manager who inherits a squad that are unsure of their place and uncertain of what the future holds for them under a different manager...

Slade had a slow start with an alien team last season, but managed to turn them around when it mattered. He now has a team that are not entirely comfortable with each other as they have played less than SIX games together, if that.

He deserves, at least, the season coming unless we are still on single figures within the next few months. What is it with people wanting someone to be sacked after a poor run? Would you bat an eyelid if we had this poor run at Christmas? I seem to remember that we were dismal over the festive period under Wilkins, but managed to stop the rot and turn things around, eventually finishing 7th (having been 16th at one stage).

Let's not act like the chairman that most of us castigate (for sacking a manager after a few games). Six games is not a decent yardstick or acid test, not forgetting that we made life difficult for ourselves by losing three men to red cards.

f*** it. Why do I bother? Think what you like. What I do feel is that you are being incredibly unfair. Do you think the Manchester United board were wrong to stick with Ferguson when his time was almost up? Now I am not, for one minute, suggesting that we have a new Fergie on our hands, but it shows that patience can pay dividends.

I do not think the doubters would be going so wild if we had lost the last two games to a lesser extent. Why did we lose to Huddersfield and Stockport? Anything to do with having less men on the field and basic errors? Is that entirely Slade's fault?

:ohmy: :kiss:

Spot on, mr Barrel. Absolutely spot on.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
As Millwall is only 10 mins from me, I'm back already.

Decent game, excellent atmosphere, decent performance in parts at least. Looked shaky at the back at the start, but with such a makeshift defence that's to be expected I think. Came back well from the early concession, battled consistently and Dickinson looked excellent all night. Bennet had a shocker (still no excuse for the constant barrage of abuse he got from the bloke right behind me) and Dicker looked, again, excellent.

Whing very fortunate not to get sent off, and Cox, who was busy all night and ran his arse off chasing down their players in possession, was unfortunate with his shot off the bar.

It's coming right, slowly, and we'll be fine. We've got some decent players who are bedding in to a greatly changed side. I'm sure that, once Slade sees that Dicker is an absolutely essential starter, we'll get going properly.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Kuipers DEFINITELY handled the ball out of his box, was very lucky.

But good battling score draw and a good result.

Yep and Whing was incredibly lucky to stay on the pitch as well.

On another day the ref would have simply got the red card out.

I missed their early goal, but thought we looked very very ordinary first half.

Came alive in the second and really should have gone away with all three points in the end.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Trains screwed up so still at Haywards Heath.

First half we were poor, especially at the back. Looked much better after the break, not just due to Dicker's influence. Forster and Dickinson working better together. My MoM was Virgo, held the defence together and a top cross for the goal. Captain's performance.
Decent noise if numbers a bit down on usual (as expected).
God 'Wall fans are ugly.
PG

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Trains screwed up so still at Haywards Heath.

First half we were poor, especially at the back. Looked much better after the break, not just due to Dicker's influence. Forster and Dickinson working better together. My MoM was Virgo, held the defence together and a top cross for the goal. Captain's performance.
Decent noise if numbers a bit down on usual (as expected).
God 'Wall fans are ugly.
PG

What about virgo's f***ing ridiculous shot from halfway line freekick in the 93rd minute!!!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Good second half performance, not so good first half. It's all about how we follow on from this positive second half. NEED a win against Wycombe. DICKER has to start against Wycombe, and would like to see Davies with Dickinson upfront, as I think that could work

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A really promising second half I thought. We were totally dominant for long spells, but didn't make as much of that as we should have done. If we can improve our crosses into the box, then we'll win plenty of games. Dickinson especially looked really good and works his nuts off.

Still strikes me as strange that when we break quickly, we never get many people into the box. Other teams' midfielders always seem to race forwards at full pelt, whereas we're quick on the wings but there's quite often not much to aim at in the middle. Seems to have been like that for a long time IMHO.

Worrying that we needed Kuipers to save us three times and Tunnicliffe to clear off the line. I think that just underlines how a lot of teams we come up against seem to make a lot more of their final ball into the box - we should have had easily as many chances but rarely bothered their keeper by comparison.

As for the Dicker thing, I thought Navarro played fine in the first half, but because he sits so deep it's not really doing us any favours. Dicker and Crofts were winning the ball on the halfway line instead of the edge of the penalty area... and it's so much easier to launch attacks from there.

Good overall though. Much more in keeping with the final few matches of last season, than the piss poor performances than put us in trouble in the first place.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just got back, my MOM would be Virgo as I thought he was impeccable tonight, didn't do much wrong.

(I wiped the 93'rd minute shot from the halfway line off his record :wink:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We started off a complete and utter shambles, looking like we had no idea who should be where or doing what. To be quite honest, we could have been 2-0 or 3-0 down within 15 minutes. From that extremely low point I thought we got better though. For the remainder of the first half we gradually clawed back respect and finally parity. Defensively we looked like we could concede at any minute. In fact, we only didn't concede because Michel is super-human. But at the other end I thought Dickinson (class act) and Bennett looked good on the break. Then, after a solid five minutes of everyone chanting his name, Russell finally took notice and got Dicker on and the useless lump off. From there we were in control I thought. We easily deserved a draw by the end, and could maybe have won it. The central defenders were great (they had to be bearing in mind the couple of morons we had at full-back), Dicker was great, the wingers really looked dangerous for a change, and Dickinson is quality. For the first time this season we actually looked like a professional outfit. As long as Russell's got the message r.e. Dicker then that could be the match that turns us from dismal to decent.

Didn't mention Kuipers bit of madness then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports