Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
IMG_9598.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There is no guarantee that he will get offered a top job.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He went to Palace (2010) in the Summer I think - loads of Palace fans said so.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's not Potter I'm worried about, it's the rest of his entourage that have done f**k all for 12 months. I hope they really like golf.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Potter has to be very careful about the next job he takes - he has to be at least to some small degree a success. Another debacle like Chelsea and he will be off the boards for most clubs who will adopt the attitude that his success at Brighton was down to the club and not the man (particularly as RDZ has walked in and the team haven't missed a beat).

Here is one out of left-field - Phil Parkinson is a limited coach - good at the grudge work of getting a team out of the conference and maybe L2 - but Reynolds is ambitious for Wrexham and has a lot of money - when Parkinson is pushed aside (which could happen by the end of this coming season - he will go for a much bigger name to replace him and that could be Potter with the idea that he will build the squad through the divisions. Reynolds needs to hire a few people and get them to intern at Brighton - there is a roadmap there to build the club from a low point - and he has the money to accelerate the process.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What's weird about wanting to live in Hove?
I was referring to the OP who knows his house isn’t for sale and what school his kids attend.
Could be some truth in that. Southgate's contract runs until after the 2024 Euros. Maybe the FA's already had a quiet word with Potter to keep himself available
I don’t think England can draw their way to a final.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
As he’s just had the best part of £10m deposited into his bank account , he’s probably taking a long rest before deciding on his next job to apply for .

He still has a house in Hove it’s not been put up for sale and his kids are still at school locally or where up to summer hols .
Did they pay him off with £10m lump sum, or are they continuing to pay his monthly salary until the end of his contract or, if earlier, until he gets another job? Either way I suppose he has no great incentive to get back into work.
I wonder if he’ll be offered a TV pundit job for the BHA v Chelsea matches.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In counselling I shouldn’t wonder. His confidence took one hell of a beating. I know he sold out but it’s the nature of the job. There are few in his position who would have turned it down. We look at it all with Albion coloured glasses on - not many in professional football view it the same. Whilst he completely pissed me off at the time, alls well that ends well. We have RDZ and a table topping football team. Potter probably has some regrets, a pile of money and a lot of angst.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes abroad again - get out of the PL rat race where his goose has been cooked.
I just hope he and his family are OK and can get on with their lives without some dipstick making their lives miserable.
One of the problems was the massive squad, too big to train together, and the impossibility of using it as feed for a match day squad.

Poch wanted to reduce the squad. In this frenzy of continued acquisition, has he succeeded?

What a mess of a club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here