NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
IMG_1422.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
BTW Leeds currently three nil up in their playoff second leg and you could hear a pin drop

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Right, this old chestnut (for the umpteenth time)

Firstly, on a personal level. I ain’t moving, I’ve been in that seat since the start and I’ll be the East Stands version of that stubborn bastard that wouldn’t sell his house to make way for a motorway thus bollocking up the whole project.

Secondly, do you seriously think that would generate more noise from the home support? It would merely increase the atmosphere of vocal away fans I.e Leeds, Forest, Newcastle. Palace even. Let’s face it, on a decibel level we’d get slaughtered.

Finally, the North Stand is not the centre of the universe, in the past many supporters groups have moved their singing areas, there is nothing to stop a group moving into the SWC to shake things up.

Yes, 100% believe having the away end in the east stand north end or west stand north end would hugely improve the atmosphere

The NS know pretty much none of the singing ever reaches the South which seems a waste and you dont get that back and forth atmopshere

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For what it’s worth, I was at St James Park the other weekend, a stadium you’d normally associate with good atmosphere, and it was a game they very much wanted to win to get into the Europa League….. and it was veeeery quiet. Yes we can improve but our home atmosphere is in line with almost all other Prem stadiums.
Yep.

The trouble with some of our support, dazzled by our modest ELP success, think they are in Narnia. And entitled to Turkish Delight.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
For what it’s worth, I was at St James Park the other weekend, a stadium you’d normally associate with good atmosphere, and it was a game they very much wanted to win to get into the Europa League….. and it was veeeery quiet. Yes we can improve but our home atmosphere is in line with almost all other Prem stadiums.
I was in the home end, and it wasn’t quiet.

Just don’t think the noise travelled.

Well I’ve longed to open a thread when Mustafa is the voice of reason and it’s finally happened.

I’m with those who say it was ok last night. But if you want much better than that you’ll have to stop posting and do some organising - nothing’s gonna happen spontaneously

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember the H block singing completely together, The east stand family section stamping their feet to generate noise. Our fans are f***ing awful now with triple the amount of people in it.
I was in H block. We couldn’t be heard two blocks away especially if it was windy.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Having the away fans as far away from the North as possible in a stadium with terrible acoustics is really stupid and makes the atmosphere considerably worse. The back and forth is one of the main things that drives English atmospheres but it hardly present at the Amex.

The south end of the family stand is basically just tourists and the SWC seems to have more opposition fans than albion. As we saw yesterday with the one way abuse of the autistic lad, nothing is going to come from fans in those areas (bar one bloke who's probably banned now). Move the away fans to the North end of the East upper, let us have some direct singing back and forth, a bit of goading and the atmosphere will be improved significantly.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Having the away fans as far away from the North as possible in a stadium with terrible acoustics is really stupid and makes the atmosphere considerably worse. The back and forth is one of the main things that drives English atmospheres but it hardly present at the Amex.

The south end of the family stand is basically just tourists and the SWC seems to have more opposition fans than albion. As we saw yesterday with the one way abuse of the autistic lad, nothing is going to come from fans in those areas (bar one bloke who's probably banned now). Move the away fans to the North end of the East upper, let us have some direct singing back and forth, a bit of goading and the atmosphere will be improved significantly.

100%

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
You are kidding me.

Have you not heard the Emirates lately? Or The Etihad?

Atmos is the product of how good the home team are playing times how big the home club is to their supporters.

And all that is squared in the away end that is dominated by the very keen.

I have been going since 1969 and the atmos is better now than ever. Even at our place.

I don't wish to be rude but....as a veteran supporter....have you had your hearing tested recently? ??? :wink:
I paid my first ever visit to the Etihad this season and thought the home crowd was pitiful. When I was a student in the early 80s I stood on the Kippax at Maine Rd a few times. Now that was a loud crowd. This year, despite being ahead nearly all game, I don’t remember hearing the home support until the closing moments when a chorus of Blue Moon made its way to the away end.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
We're capable of incredible atmosphere but need an occasion and I don't think that'll change while we're in the Premier League.
WTF. You think the atmosphere will get better if we get relegated & have crowds 1/ 2 or 2/3 of what they are now?

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Out of interest, how well did the Cucurella chant come across, hopefully loud enough for an apology!
Clearly audible from East Upper/half way.

I had no idea what a CU next Tuesday was as naughty words are prohibited in EU. I had to ask a helpful steward.....

😄

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports