• Was unlucky just the wrong time

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Good Manager

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

jeremy beadles hand

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
Do we love him or hate him? Last season we had only bad things to say about him! Do we feel differently now or do we still remember our long run of defeats!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Prick of the highest order.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
I heard a rumour that Cameroon's manager was lined up for the job, the press conference was booked and he didn't show up. In order to save face, Silent asked Tinselhead if he'd do the honours.

I've no idea how true this is and I don't want to be accused of spreading rumours but you never know do you?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't understand why he is 'director of football' - what does he actually do?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I feel for the fella a bit.
No-one else over the last 3 years has had to cope with Bobby out injured for length of time, and he has to face it when we are up in Div 1, having not had the cash to strengthen properly.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hamilton said:

Oversees youth development for starters.

If you don't have an intimate knowledge of the Albion's backroom staff, it's probably best not to criticise. Players certain seem to like the way things are run at the club - the latest fan being Leon Knight.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There is no shadow of a doubt that Martin Hinshelwood cost us our Division One status and I am still very angry about that.

His tacticul awareness was rubbish, his man managment skills were rubbish, his team motivation skills were rubbish, his reading of the game/subs was rubbish, his signings were rubbish, his post match interviews were rubbish, his team selections were rubbish playing 5 youth team players in div 1 !.

Apart from that he was fine.

He is I would think the worst manager in Albion's history.

Although I think he was totally inept as a manager, I also believe he was extremely unlucky with injuries. In the first few weeks we lost Bobby, Melton, Pethick and Jones long-term which really :censored: ed things up.

That said, the signings of Butters and Kitson were unforgivable.

I think calling him a :censored: , :censored: or a :censored: is a bit unfair.

jeremy beadles hand

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
Gareth Glover said:
There is no shadow of a doubt that Martin Hinshelwood cost us our Division One status and I am still very angry about that.

His tacticul awareness was rubbish, his man managment skills were rubbish, his team motivation skills were rubbish, his reading of the game/subs was rubbish, his signings were rubbish, his post match interviews were rubbish, his team selections were rubbish playing 5 youth team players in div 1 !.

Apart from that he was fine.

He is I would think the worst manager in Albion's history.

CANT REALLY ARGUE WITH THAT!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hinshelwood was worse than Case as Hinshelwood inherited a team that had won 2 championships in a row, with the best team spirit and fight of any side in Albion's history and then proceeded to desimate and destroy it all !. I do not buy this " he was unlucky " crap. The side we had was good enough to stay in Div 1 as Coppell proved but he was so totally incompetant he destoyed everything and did not have the good grace to fall on his sword after 5 or 6 defeats when we would still have had a chance.

Case inherited a team on its arse with no talent, skill or fight.

Even Cullip has given up by the time of the Grimsby game and could not be bothered. Thats how bad it got !.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hamilton said:
stays as far away from the club as possible !

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Safeway Seagull said:
Although I think he was totally inept as a manager, I also believe he was extremely unlucky with injuries. In the first few weeks we lost Bobby, Melton, Pethick and Jones long-term

And Kuipers (anyone remember Petterson)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wrong man, right place, right time and unlucky too

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Kitson was a gamble that didn't work out. Butters was a signing that smacked of panic, desperation and cluelessness. Yes he had bad luck, but he compounded that by poor selection, poor tactics and poor motivational skills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here