• Was unlucky just the wrong time

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Good Manager

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

AlbionFan

Aug 14, 2003
Sompting
The bloke was unable to string a sentence together except for “The boys done well” or “We have an honest bunch of lads”. If that is the level of expertise needed to manage a football team then I’m applying next time.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Clearly a nightmare as manager - but did a godo job before that with the youth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In his defence, there do appear to be a few talented youngsters coming through. Playing so many of them at once last season in Div 1 was not a good idea but did he have much choice given the injuries we had.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Icy Gull said:
Wrong man, right place, right time and unlucky too

Sorry Icy, you are probably very nice and a good laugh or whatever but you absolute arse. You were probably having a go at people that were slagging Hinshelwood last season. I was having a right go at him and had to fight my corner, especially at Rotherham. He was useless, He couldn't motivate, tactically manage or get decent players in. Probably the Vital ingredients for a manager. Butters, wouldn't come as the money wasn't good enough then Hinsh goes and offers him a better contract (more money!). Also Kitson, anyone knew his Albion career was doomed, all west ham and newcastle fans were saying he wouldn't play 10 games. Also Petterson! HA. His faith in Wilkinson and Marney to lead an attack in the First division! He was just awful. Yeah we had a few injuries but it was his ineptness to cope with that, that makes him a bad manager.

As I was screaming for him to resign or be removed, idiots were saying "support your team", I WAS. Every Hinsh out chant was followed with 3 or for chants for the Albion. Also I think i was helping my team my trying to get an absolute tit of a manager removed from the club I support.

Just goes to show how crap Hinsh was, He turned down an offer from Liam Brady to get Upson on loan! Coppell takes over and gets Rodger and Blackwell, Loans the likes of Roberts and Rougier. Hinshelwood was the wrong man at the wrong time at the wrong club. He should never get near management in league football unless it's in charge of Palace, Cardiff or Orient.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
I'm gutted about what happened last season but I still feel a bit sorry for Hinshelwood - just like many of the players , it wasn't the right season for them to come through but I'll always hope the best for any player or manager at Brighton.
Not bothered by people having a pop at him and others - it's good to vent the frustrations but what good does it do to the teams morale and performance.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Right , I'm getting bloody annoyed now. Even after all the blatant facts given to them some people are still saying " he was unlucky, we had some injuries, I feel a bit sorry for him ! ".

THE MAN COST US OUR DIVISION ONE STATUS !, we did have a squad good enought as Coppell showed.

He played the wrong players in the wrong positions, made the wrong signings and just sat in the dug out with his arms folded showing no passion at all which passed onto the players.

People may not like this but I feel he is very very lucky indeed to have the BHAFC logo on the top of his monthly wageslip.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Captain Sensible said:
Sorry Icy, you are probably very nice and a good laugh or whatever but you absolute arse. You were probably having a go at people that were slagging Hinshelwood last season. I was having a right go at him and had to fight my corner, especially at Rotherham. He was useless, He couldn't motivate, tactically manage or get decent players in. Probably the Vital ingredients for a manager. Butters, wouldn't come as the money wasn't good enough then Hinsh goes and offers him a better contract (more money!). Also Kitson, anyone knew his Albion career was doomed, all west ham and newcastle fans were saying he wouldn't play 10 games. Also Petterson! HA. His faith in Wilkinson and Marney to lead an attack in the First division! He was just awful. Yeah we had a few injuries but it was his ineptness to cope with that, that makes him a bad manager.

As I was screaming for him to resign or be removed, idiots were saying "support your team", I WAS. Every Hinsh out chant was followed with 3 or for chants for the Albion. Also I think i was helping my team my trying to get an absolute tit of a manager removed from the club I support.

Just goes to show how crap Hinsh was, He turned down an offer from Liam Brady to get Upson on loan! Coppell takes over and gets Rodger and Blackwell, Loans the likes of Roberts and Rougier. Hinshelwood was the wrong man at the wrong time at the wrong club. He should never get near management in league football unless it's in charge of Palace, Cardiff or Orient.

Could have sworn I said wrong man? Didn't feel the need to abuse him as well. He's no longer in charge and shouldn't ever have been given the job, what makes you think I ever defended him.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Captain Sensible said:
You did mate but it's the UNLUCKY excuse that all the Pro Hinsh Party used that gets up my nose.

For all his shortcomings he was unlucky. Just check the list of players he couldn't use.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
wrong division for him to start in, give him a div 3 club and sure he would do fine, unlucky i say.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Look if all the players had been fit Hinshelwood would still have played Marney instead of Zamora !. :lolol:

He left established first teamers on the bench and played Marney, Hammond etc !.

I don't think he has the right to stand in the dug out anymore with the others. He was not unlucky with injuries it is an excuse for a useless and incompetetant manager and he has set the club back 3 years !. :angry:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
HINSHELWOOD HINSHELWOOD HINSHELWOOD HINSHELWOOD HINSHELWOOD HINSHELWOOD HINSHELWOOD HINSHELWOOD HINSHELWOOD HINSHELWOOD HINSHELWOOD HINSHELWOOD

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Captain Sensible said:
Zamora, Kuipers who else?

Both crucial players also Kitson (before you start, I doubt Hinshelwood did his medical so would not have known he would be injured for most of the season).

If you don't believe that losing those three is not unlucky you are a hard man and an arse yoursef:D

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yorkie said:
And Kuipers (anyone remember Petterson)
The vision of him tripping over his own feet allowing the Gillingham player to roll the ball into the empty net for their 4th will live with me forever.

:nono:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
brighton rock said:
sack coppell put hinch back in charge:lolol:

you don't seem to have an intimate knowledge of most things, but it doesn't stop you putting your opinion forward

i thought wendy was in charge of the youth team

oh, and leon knight is a fan of coppell

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Icy Gull said:
Both crucial players also Kitson (before you start, I doubt Hinshelwood did his medical so would not have known he would be injured for most of the season).

If you don't believe that losing those three is not unlucky you are a hard man and an arse yoursef:D

Icy Icy Icy. Kitson was Always gonna be injured, and Hinshelwood's inept replacements for Kuipers and Zammo were good examples where he should have done better and used the loan system more wisely.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Captain Sensible said:
Icy Icy Icy. Kitson was Always gonna be injured, and Hinshelwood's inept replacements for Kuipers and Zammo were good examples where he should have done better and used the loan system more wisely.

I'm not defending the appointment of Hinshelwood he was a shit
manager and a major cock up by DK. He was also an unlucky shit manager, we'll just have to agree to differ if you can't at least accept that .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Wozza said:
Oversees youth development for starters.

If you don't have an intimate knowledge of the Albion's backroom staff, it's probably best not to criticise. Players certain seem to like the way things are run at the club - the latest fan being Leon Knight.

my last post was intended for you Wozza - not Brighton Rock - hit the wrong quote button

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports