• F#cking pr#ck c#nt sh#t Manager

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Was unlucky just the wrong time

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Good Manager

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Dropkick Turnip said:
I heard a rumour that Cameroon's manager was lined up for the job, the press conference was booked and he didn't show up. In order to save face, Silent asked Tinselhead if he'd do the honours.

I've no idea how true this is and I don't want to be accused of spreading rumours but you never know do you?
Nearly true.

The Cameroon manager did turn up, but at the last minute demanded a better deal for himself.

DK refused to give in, and asked MH to step into the job - on a temporary basis, while DK looked around again.

Hence, the eventual "promotion" of MH to Director of Football - the reward he deserved for agreeing to take the management job in those circumstances.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lord Bracknell said:
Nearly true.

The Cameroon manager did turn up, but at the last minute demanded a better deal for himself.

DK refused to give in, and asked MH to step into the job - on a temporary basis, while DK looked around again.

Hence, the eventual "promotion" of MH to Director of Football - the reward he deserved for agreeing to take the management job in those circumstances.

interesting

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
don't know how true this account really is....if it was just a case of the Cameroon manager pulling out or us pulling out, then that is no reason to appoint Hinsh.

If you believe the story that the press conference was called for and the club couldn't unveil no one, then I think we underestimate DK's experience as a businessman. No successful businessman is just going to appoint a manager at the last moment because someone has pulled out.

A few weeks before the announcement Martin Perry replied to one of my emails saying that Booker and Hinsh were in charge of the budget and could make decisions about who the club bought in and who they didn't. I think the appointment of Hinsh was a little more planned than the Cameroon scenario suggests.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton said:
don't know how true this account really is....if it was just a case of the Cameroon manager pulling out or us pulling out, then that is no reason to appoint Hinsh.

If you believe the story that the press conference was called for and the club couldn't unveil no one, then I think we underestimate DK's experience as a businessman. No successful businessman is just going to appoint a manager at the last moment because someone has pulled out.

A few weeks before the announcement Martin Perry replied to one of my emails saying that Booker and Hinsh were in charge of the budget and could make decisions about who the club bought in and who they didn't. I think the appointment of Hinsh was a little more planned than the Cameroon scenario suggests.

I'm sure its factually accurate, Lord B's stuff is normally on the money. What is also is, though, is unduly kind to all concerned - though this has all been done to death. The whole appointment process was a f***-up. Knight and Perry ended up desperate after promising a manager with Div 1 experience, and Hinsh accepted a job that he knew he wasn't really up to without thought to the likely consequences for both him and the team. I suspect he was always in the back of DK's mind if everything went tits up, which it duly did.

I've been offered jobs that were well paid but weren't what I was good at, and turned them down. I'm all for people pushing themselves to the next level, but there was a reason that Hinsh had been a backroom boy for that long, and that should have been obvious to everyone. When Micky was in that position at Leicester, he DEMANDED to be made No1. Hinsh had never done that in his career, and wasn't a natural leader. Good youth coach, should have known that and stuck with it. It's always dodgy saying 'hypothetically this', and 'what if' that - but if Coppell had been manager, as he wanted to be, last summer, we would have stayed up. Pure and Simple. The shambles cost us our hard-earned place in Division One.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The shambles cost us our hard-earned place in Division One. [/B][/QUOTE]

It also cost us the revenue that goes with it. I'm afraid DK's short sightedness, unprofessionalism and penny pinching that pre season will have cost us more than we will ever know. Concentrating on Falmer will never be a satisfactory excuse.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Tooting Gull said:
I'm sure its factually accurate...

Just don't buy it. DK runs a successful business. He's not going to be paniced into appointing a manager just because his first choice let him down. He'd be far more likely to appoint Hinsh as caretaker. Think the Cameroon manager is just not true. I'm sure DK met him, but you're not about to go from World Cup manager to Div 1 manager of homeless club. Think about it.

Either Hinsh was the first choice, or he wasn't and they felt they had no choice. Which ever one it is I think the decision was more measured and pre-determined than DK shouting "Wilfreds not coming - quick wheel out Hinsh!"

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
on the hinsh topic, i think it was his dream come true to manage us, he'd never say no.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Had to vote that he was cr*p but obviously a decent man. Don't wish to actually be so rude about him.

Obviously a very bad manager at 1st team level though to get a great team to perform that badly!!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he was a cack manager................

wrong appointment, wrong time. too late as well. how many playwers did we get over the summer. none. and we lost junior lewis and simon morgan. 2 key players in getting us in division one.

he didn't have much choice with the youths, because there was no-one else.

but hes done wonders to the youth system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here