Lynch to Forest then...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Was the youth scheme worth it in the end....?

I dont know how much we,ve gained in transfre fees from them so far, but would be surprised if it was more than the cost of the youth players.........for years we pay, coaches, kit, youth team wages, overheads etc etc etc....

I thought a couple of years ago Dick Knight was going on and on and on, about how they would be the future of the club etc etc etc

All seems a load of bollocks now...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I dont know how much we,ve gained in transfre fees from them so far, but would be surprised if it was more than the cost of the youth players.............coaches, kit, youth tem wages, overheads etc etc etc....

I thought a couple of years ago Dick Knight was going on and on and on, about how they would be the future of the club etc etc etc

Adam Virgo - £1,500,000
Dan Harding - c.£400,000
Dean Hammond - £250,000

Pretty decent return.

Dean Cox
Tommy Fraser
Tommy Elphick
Jake Robinson
Adam Virgo
Adam El-Abd

all still playing for the club. Again, another reasonable return.

Adam Hinshelwood
Joe Gatting
Scott Chamberlain
Wes Fogden

all still at the club, albeit on the fringes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I dont know how much we,ve gained in transfre fees from them so far, but would be surprised if it was more than the cost of the youth players.........for years we pay, coaches, kit, youth team wages, overheads etc etc etc....

We have made over £2.5m from sales. But more importantly, over half of our squad are from our youth setup and we are currently in our traditional league position, despite not having a ground, renting since (and including) the last season at the Goldstone. You do the maths?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Adam Virgo - £1,500,000
Dan Harding - c.£400,000
Dean Hammond - £250,000

Pretty decent return.

Dean Cox
Tommy Fraser
Tommy Elphick
Jake Robinson
Adam Virgo
Adam El-Abd

all still playing for the club. Again, another reasonable return.

Adam Hinshelwood
Joe Gatting
Scott Chamberlain
Wes Fogden

all still at the club, albeit on the fringes.

*cough* GINGER PRINCE

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
This reflects Dick Knight more than anything else. He doesn't seem to have adjusted to the modern world in which young players who get better need to be paid more and will be hard to manage. As you say how does Ferguson cope...

I think that there is alot of truth in that statement.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
To be a top class centre-back, is it not important to be brave? If so, he's not the complete package by a long way..

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I'm just glad i'm not a season ticket holder because the way I feel about the club at the moment I think i'd be taking it back and looking for a refund.

I am and i wish i could get a refund - i am not slagging anyone off but i can't afford to pay out all this money to watch the crap that is being served up this season and with all the comings and goings since i paid for 2 season tickets in march too much has changed

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I feel the same. We've only heard Mickeys side of the story

Unfortunately we only really ever hear the clubs side of the story

Wouldn't it be good if the like of Hammond Wilkins Savage O'callaghan Chapman were all allowed to talk

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Unfortunately we only really ever hear the clubs side of the story

Wouldn't it be good if the like of Hammond Wilkins Savage O'callaghan Chapman were all allowed to talk

What is stopping them?

Although I seem to remember that a few of them did talk, but with not much to say.

Why don't you tell us what you think each one of them would have said?

Go....

1) Hammond
2) Wilkins
3) Savage
4) O'callaghan
5) Chapman

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Er...How does it reflect on Dick Knight?

> Harding was approached by a bigger team and signed a contract.
> Knight is languishing in The Hubba Bubba Counties League.
> Hammond wanted more money and despite offering improvements to our original contract offer, we were not willing to smash our wage structure. Oh and Wilkins was effectively working for the player and agent, allegedly.
> CKR never had any intention of playing for us. We were a step up from Bury, but not worthy of his services.
> O'Callaghan (whilst I really liked the player) seemed to be a bit of a twat and found himself back in Ireland after no-one seemed willing to touch him, other than Tranmere who are screwed financially.
> Bertin went looking for another club and did not find a better offer. He was offered a dealm but stalled. We gave him a deadline and he snubbed it. Whilst I would have loved him to sign, should we be at the beck and call of a player and his agent?
> Savage - See above (Wage increase offer, then again, then again. Did not sign)
> Lynch - Unsettled by the departure of Wilkins. Wants a bigger club. We actually got him to sign a lengthy deal, so I don't see how we can blame Dick Knight for his desire to leave.

I am intrigued as to how you can spin this against Knight. From your previous posts, you are obviously not a fan.

Players want to move on. It is a fact of the game. We are a tinpot organisation all the time we play at Withdean and there are far better clubs with the financial clout to pay better wages. Is that so hard to understand?
I have a suggestion - why don't we just rename Dick Knight - maybe Saint Dick because some fans seem to think that what he says is gospel and everyone else apart from him and his selected few are always wrong

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
What is stopping them?

Although I seem to remember that a few of them did talk, but with not much to say.

Why don't you tell us what you think each one of them would have said?

Go....

1) Hammond
2) Wilkins
3) Savage
4) O'callaghan
5) Chapman

Do you honestly believe that they have left this club and are allowed to speak the truth :lolol::lolol:

Do you honestly believe that they have left this club and are allowed to speak the truth :lolol::lolol:

So you tell us why they aren't 'allowed' to say anything-forgetting that we've heard from O'Callaghan and Chapman already.

I have a suggestion - why don't we just rename Dick Knight - maybe Saint Dick because some fans seem to think that what he says is gospel and everyone else apart from him and his selected few are always wrong

I have a suggestion-why don't you return your season tickets as you promised on the phone-in and take your peculiar brand of support to another club?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Yes, I do believe that they have left the club and yes, I do believe that they could speak the 'truth' if they really wanted.

Go on...humour us.

What would Bas Savage say? What would O'Callaghan say? etc.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I also have a suggestion, but I am too much of a gentleman to say it.

I was offering my opinion as to how I perceived things to happen with the various players mentioned. You have not even contested a single point, but written some badly worded joke (I assume it was meant to be a joke). You are an irksome bore with your truth business and loathing Dick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports