Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch to Forest then...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not being funny but albion fans have a history of not being very good at judging players ability, I think Curbishly remarked on it when he was playing for us.

To me it seems most albion fans like headless chickens running around looking busy who deliver nothing but totatly overlook the more thoughtfull intuative players IMHO

Unlike you of course? what is the point of this post?

Lynch is a decent if inconsistent player who doesnt want to play for us whatever the reasons. He has a month to prove himself at Forest (although I think he will lucky to start unless he's covering for injuries) and good luck to the lad.

What are you trying to do? make him want to stay by the power of prayer?

Jimmy Grimble

Not being funny but albion fans have a history of not being very good at judging players ability, I think Curbishly remarked on it when he was playing for us.

To me it seems most albion fans like headless chickens running around looking busy who deliver nothing but totatly overlook the more thoughtfull intuative players IMHO

How do you value Guy Butters opinion?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
But lets be honest, he probably is. Mentally not there yet but is good in the air, can tackle, is quick, tall, strong and is very good on the ball.

Don't think he is, certainly has ability but until you can show that in more than three games in a row can't see how u can say he is our best defender

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Very true we seem to have had a few players here in the past few years who have looked good in their debut season, but have then not pushed on to the next level.
Will Elphick break the mould?

Well, by rights if he's playing with better players he should progress. However, Cullip, Brooker and Jarrett all stepped up and came tumbling down. You might argue that Swansea were better than us at the time but we all know what happened to the last player we sent there.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I thought keep the shirt meant if you come in when a player is injured and you play well, you keep the shirt?
How come this didn't happen to Lynch after Northampton, also bearing in mind Hawkins was carrying a hernia injury.
This contributed to Hawkins having a nightmare against Scunthorpe IMHO.

Unlike most on here, I can't read deep into Micky Adams' mind, so I don't know his thinking, aside from guessing that, if that shirt policy issue was in place (I must admit, I've never heard him talk of this), he chose not to use it, or, more pertinently, he wanted to look at a different defensive set of personnel only for the JPT.

Whatever, it's apparent Hawkins is the first-choice centre-back (along with Elphick). Lynch could take it (and fight for his place) or leave it (and bugger off).

He's chosen the latter, and luckily for him, some chose him.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Unlike you of course? what is the point of this post?

Lynch is a decent if inconsistent player who doesnt want to play for us whatever the reasons. He has a month to prove himself at Forest (although I think he will lucky to start unless he's covering for injuries) and good luck to the lad.

What are you trying to do? make him want to stay by the power of prayer?

He is going because before Micky came in he was in Wilkins main plans, Wilkins goes Micky comes in and brings in one of his former players and drops Lynch who is obviously not part of Mickys plans.

Given that clubs from a higher level have been sniffing around what would you do?

Dont understand the reference to prayers?

So now Lynch is out on loan for a month and Hawkins is out injured for possibly six weeks, who would people partner Elphick with? Bearing in mind we now have no naturally left sided central defenders in the squad that are available for selection.
I would put Virgo in with him, he is wasted in midfield.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
What about Elphick? (Who doesn't spend half the match on his back because some opposing centre forward has been a bit rough with him)...

i have noticed that when lynch comes up against a striker who is getting the better of him he goes off injured..

Don't be confussed. Joel Lynch is a twat from the same class of twats as Leon Knight.

Speaking a number of ex-pros that still hang around the club, Joel Lynch is not rated by anyone at the club except Joel Lynch. He appartently is very poor in training and has a very poor attiude, and all the people I've spoke to, said he simply is not good enough, although he thinks he is!

Whilst there is talent in there somewhere, I feel unless he sorts his head out, he'll go the way of Leo Knight.

I mean, come on, if you left out of the team and that team wins 3 out of 4 games, it hardly time to throw you're rattle out of the pram. To be told by Adams he's starting the next game, and basically telling the manager he doesn't weant to play, hardly suggests we're dealing with a model pro here!

He wanted to play so much he asked to be dropped for the Walsall game ! Hardly the sign of someone that wants to fight for his place.

Too big for his boots IMO - he should have fought for his place ( like FDM has had to do on a number of occasions ). Sign of a professional player getting down and putting in some proper graft.

Kuipers was left out and he wanted to prove that he should be number 1

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He is going because before Micky came in he was in Wilkins main plans, Wilkins goes Micky comes in and brings in one of his former players and drops Lynch who is obviously not part of Mickys plans.

Given that clubs from a higher level have been sniffing around what would you do?

Dont understand the reference to prayers?

Lynch is/was in Micky's plans as well, hence the initial rejection of his transfer request.

Unlike most on here, I can't read deep into Micky Adams' mind, so I don't know his thinking, aside from guessing that, if that shirt policy issue was in place (I must admit, I've never heard him talk of this), he chose not to use it, or, more pertinently, he wanted to look at a different defensive set of personnel only for the JPT.

Whatever, it's apparent Hawkins is the first-choice centre-back (along with Elphick). Lynch could take it (and fight for his place) or leave it (and bugger off).

He's chosen the latter, and luckily for him, some chose him.

Yes perhaps Adams told him he was just trying him out for the Northampton game, but it's still a bit strange that with Hawkins being injured he chose to drop Lynch for the Scunny game.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
So now Lynch is out on loan for a month and Hawkins is out injured for possibly six weeks, who would people partner Elphick with? Bearing in mind we now have no naturally left sided central defenders in the squad that are available for selection.
I would put Virgo in with him, he is wasted in midfield.

El Abd in midfield, Virgo at the back.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Mind-meltingly and brain-fryingly simple. Lynch was only there as a cover. Defender gets back to 'fitness' and re-claims the shirt.

The place is not his by right, and by the sounds of things, had little intention of fighting for it. So he has little call for being pissed off.

It's a pity because he does offer something on the pitch. Sadly, he seems to offer something off it as well. Good luck to him if it works out for him at Forest, cos he's no use to us at present.

As for blaming Micky for this... risible.

Sorry, but that doesn't wash.

Adams had always has a 'keep the shirt policy' - sometimes to the detriment of the team.

Suddenly after a good game at Northampton (were you actually there TLO) Lynch gets dropped for a clearly injured Hawkins who goes on to have a nightmare against Scunthorpe.

His face doesn't fit with Adams - that is clear - yes he needs to mature, but this could have been handled far better ON BOTH SIDES.

Adams is certainly not blameless in losing (IMO) one of our best prospects.

Well, by rights if he's playing with better players he should progress. However, Cullip, Brooker and Jarrett all stepped up and came tumbling down. You might argue that Swansea were better than us at the time but we all know what happened to the last player we sent there.

I mean stepping up from our youth ranks and progressing with the Albion, Cullip, Brooker and Jarrett are not examples I would give.
I was talking about Robinson, Cox and Lynch.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Adams had always has a 'keep the shirt policy' - sometimes to the detriment of the team.

Suddenly after a good game at Northampton (were you actually there TLO) Lynch gets dropped for a clearly injured Hawkins who goes on to have a nightmare against Scunthorpe.

His face doesn't fit with Adams - that is clear - yes he needs to mature, but this could have been handled far better ON BOTH SIDES.

Since MA has been back, has he said anything about this so called keep the shirt policy.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

Dead right!

Since MA has been back, has he said anything about this so called keep the shirt policy.

It's always been Mickey Adam's policy, he's quoted it enough times in the past, so why would he change it now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here