Lynch to Forest then...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

:clap:

I was just about to say a similiar thing myself. No-body on here knows what goes on all they can do is speculate. Lynch's attitude may be the problem or is not willing to put in the effort in training.

Yes but then aren't you now speculating?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well the last BHA player to ask for a transfer and wound up at Forest was ..... Danny (what happened to my career ?) Cullip. Fair enough, if Lynch can generate a decent fee then good bye and good luck.

When Lynch learns how to stay on his feet, get positioned in the right area and stay concentrated for 90 minutes, then he will be a better player than Elphick.

What like Elphick's positioning for Walsall's goal on Saturday? At least Lynch doesn't aimlessly hump the ball forward and thereby conceding possession to the opposition as much as Elphick does?

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Why argue over who is better?

The fact is Elphick and Lynch complimented each other superbly last season because they were different types of defenders with different strengths.

Jimmy Grimble

What like Elphick's positioning for Walsall's goal on Saturday? At least Lynch doesn't aimlessly hump the ball forward and thereby conceding possession to the opposition as much as Elphick does?

What, the player that Andy Whing was marking?

Why argue over who is better?

The fact is Elphick and Lynch complimented each other superbly last season because they were different types of defenders with different strengths.

Good point.

What, the player that Andy Whing was marking?

I would have thought that the position that goal was scored from would have been the prime position that the right sided centre back should have been marking, not the right-back. Who incidentally at least made an effort to try and head the ball away.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
did you ever think barry would be one of the best midfielders in the country 10 years ago ???

he left us 10 years ago at the age of 17. to a premiership club. he is now worth 18 million according to his employers. he has 23 england caps and captained villa to 6th place in the premier league last year.

i put my life on the fact that lynch will not be in that position in 5 years time.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Granted Lynch has a lot of potential. However I seem to recall that it wasn't that long ago when Messers Robinson and Cox were the respective 'Next Big Thing'.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
cost doesn't come into it.

you said if he fulfills his potential you would prefer him to elphick...

whether or not he fulfills his undoubted potential is the big 'if'.

Don't forget Elphick also has to fulfil his potential...

Jimmy Grimble

I would have thought that the position that goal was scored from would have been the prime position that the right sided centre back should have been marking, not the right-back. Who incidentally at least made an effort to try and head the ball away.

It was Andy Whing's man. Andy Whing therefore has the responsibility of marking that man. Andy Whing failed in marking his man.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
No he's not. We've had poll after poll on here and people just don't agree with you. Please stop pedalling this myth as a fact.

It is fact.

:lolol: Clearly not fact but I hardly see how a poll on here is the determiner of fact.

Granted Lynch has a lot of potential. However I seem to recall that it wasn't that long ago when Messers Robinson and Cox were the respective 'Next Big Thing'.

Very true we seem to have had a few players here in the past few years who have looked good in their debut season, but have then not pushed on to the next level.
Will Elphick break the mould?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports