Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fffffffffffffffffff

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
İbrahim Tatlıses;3031622 said:
Will probably be more gash than he used to be, a la Virgs.

Only if we play him all over the park, a la Virgs.

He wasn't ever brilliant, but was a very solid left back. There were times when a fast tricky winger showed him up a bit, but overall, he was pretty good.

I was disappointed by the manner in which he left, making out he was planning to stay, considering a contract etc, when he clearly wasn't. But I don't blame him for chasing the dream with bigger clubs.

I'd be pleased to have him back, as he's a good player and will help us be more successful than last season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
İbrahim Tatlıses;3031622 said:
Will probably be more gash than he used to be, a la Virgs.

When Virgs was switched to centre half he looked twice the player

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good luck to him. Nice lad, shamefully abused on here for absolutely no reason as far as I can see.

Left to improve his career and got the club a decent pay out, can't see why anyone wouldn't want him back. Certainly looked in good form for Reading at the end of last year.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Is he actually officially on trial? That story makes it sound like he is training with us while looking for a new club...

Not necessarily the same thing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Get him back... we need a good lb...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The text from the club says he's on trial.

Trio on Trial
Former England striker Michael Ricketts, former Seagull Dan Harding and ex-Millwall and Gillingham midfielder Danny Spiller are all on trial with Albion...

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Actually Argus seems a bit ambigious. They say he is on trial at top of story but then say:

"Harding still has a home in Brighton and has taken up Albion's offer of training with them as he searches for a new club."

This makes it sound a bit more like training with us because it's convenient but looking for another club (bit like Kanchelskis?).

P.S. Posts above this now clarify-club says on trial. Looks like I hadn't read them but they were posted at same time.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is he actually officially on trial? That story makes it sound like he is training with us while looking for a new club...

Not necessarily the same thing.

Club text says he is on trial with Rickets and Spiller...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Well, he can surely only have improved. I still think getting £750,000 for him four years ago was the best bit of buisiness we have ever done. Defensively he was appalling.

And crucially, he's on trial. I trust Russell Slade to make the judgement on whether he can do a job. And if he does sign - it won't be for sentimental reasons from Slade's point of view.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Actually Argus seems a bit ambigious. They say he is on trial at top of story but then say:

"Harding still has a home in Brighton and has taken up Albion's offer of training with them as he searches for a new club."

This makes it sound a bit more like training with us because it's convenient but looking for another club (bit like Kanchelskis?).

P.S. Posts above this now clarify-club says on trial. Looks like I hadn't read them but they were posted at same time.

I think that article is just poorly worded - if he was just training with us then he wouldn't play in the either of the friendlies this week as it suggests he will. It confused me a bit too.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Well, he can surely only have improved. I still think getting £750,000 for him four years ago was the best bit of buisiness we have ever done. Defensively he was appalling.

Indeed he was - Though didn't we only get £450k? Either way it wasn't as good as the Virgo 1.5Mil!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here