Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding back at the Albion.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If he's as shit as so many people on here seem to think, how come he has played at a higher level than us for the past three or four seasons?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
TAking Harding back would be a very depressing move. The boy was always crap, pissed us about, and had a very over inflated opinion of himself. One of the only ex players I have enjoyed booing.

If he is playing n our side it would hurt.

Dan Harding pictured taking a rest during his trial earlier today:

Attachments

• harding.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 251

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Never quite understood people's issues with Harding...

I didn't think he had done much wrong when he went...
and I didn't think he had been all that good when he was here.

So personally I was mostly pleased with the money the club got for him.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
TAking Harding back would be a very depressing move. The boy was always crap, pissed us about, and had a very over inflated opinion of himself. One of the only ex players I have enjoyed booing.

If he is playing n our side it would hurt.

Dan Harding pictured taking a rest during his trial earlier today:

:lolol::lolol:

Reading fans really wanted to sign him so he must be pretty decent? right?

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
To be honest its a bit stupid hating a player who played for the albion and moved to a team who he supports who were in a higher division and more money. Im sure if you all played for somebody in league 2 and got offered to play for brighton and offered more money you'd surely take it ? but thats my opinion

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
To be honest its a bit stupid hating a player who played for the albion and moved to a team who he supports who were in a higher division and more money. Im sure if you all played for somebody in league 2 and got offered to play for brighton and offered more money you'd surely take it ? but thats my opinion

Oh he supported leeds did he? Just like all those other lads from Gloucester :laugh::laugh:

Leeds swapped him after one season after realising what a dud they bought, for IAN WESTLAKE + they paid an additional £400k

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As long as we have decent competition for every position on the ground I don't mind who it is.

If Harding and McNulty have to battle for the same position and Harding wins out and gets the starting job then that can only be good for the club.

It means we have the best player for that position on the pitch(at the time) which means the other has to play even better football to take his spot.

Win-win.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
On the basis that a) Jim Magilton is a muppet and b) Steve Coppell was undoubtedly one of the best judges of a player we've ever had down here, I'd have thought Harding would be a more than useful signing.

Thought he was a bit naive on and off the field in his first spell at the club, but considering he was only a kid and playing at a higher level than we are now, certainly wouldn't hold that against him.

As for 'hating' him for trying to further his career when the opportunity arose.... grow up :nono:

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Harding deserves a 2nd chance. and we did get 850k for him last time so not as if we were ripped off, is it?

and if he does impress Russ...all well and good. I am still not convinced Mcnulty will make a full recovery. That sort of injury has to affect you mentaly too. So where's the harm in running the rule over Dan?

Tis not as if we have much better at left back, is it? Want away Lynch and a Livermore who's last outing there cost us a few goals. And while on the subject of Livermore..I am hoping last year was just a blip and we can get the best out of him competing for a midfield place.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
And while on the subject of Livermore..I am hoping last year was just a blip and we can get the best out of him competing for a midfield place.

If it can be done it would be like having a new player. Over to you Russell......

As for harding, this is a different club now and if Slade wants him then that's fine by me.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Well I think the whole point is that he publicly said several times that he'd be signing a new contract, and then just waited until his contract expired.

I can't believe the audacity of him coming back after how badly he was booed when we played Leeds the year after and again at Southend last season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well I think the whole point is that he publicly said several times that he'd be signing a new contract, and then just waited until his contract expired.

I think like several other players Dick Knight was not willing to stretch the salary budget for young players coming through the ranks. Can hardly blame Harding for moving to Leeds and getting more money. Who in there right mind would not take that opportunity. And the club got well paid. What's the problem with that? What's the difference between him and Zamora/Hammond?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here