Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding back at the Albion.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Are we under contratual obligation to sign at least someone from our not too distance past, in what ever capacity there is to give them a job???

Oh I do hope so. Can we get Zamora next please?

As for Harding, he's a good player and will definitely hold down the LB position while McNulty is recovering. Who knows - he might even make it his own again.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
I think like several other players Dick Knight was not willing to stretch the salary budget for young players coming through the ranks. Can hardly blame Harding for moving to Leeds and getting more money. Who in there right mind would not take that opportunity. And the club got well paid. What's the problem with that? What's the difference between him and Zamora/Hammond?

The circumstances under which they left. Bobby Zamora was a much bigger asset to the club than Harding ever was/will be. Bobby felt it was time to move on and since has only had nice things to say about the Albion. Harding, on the other hand, was an Ok player but gave most people the impression that he thought he was much better than he actually was and too big for the club. That made people dislike him and enjoy seeing his career go backwards. Hammond was similar in the sense that he left under a cloud and because of his fallings out with the board, people have chosen to wish failure upon him.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I remember he was ok, but a bit of a bottler in the tackle. I hope McNulty gets fit because he has great potential whereas Dan's never quite lived up to the hype of 4-5 years ago

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I haven't seen him play since he left us therefore can only reference back to then when he was a clearly talented but also very falible player (too lightweight, gave the ball away and not great in the tackle). Happy to have him back for a trial as in theory he should be coming back a better player with more experience at a higher level. Lets see how he gets on.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If he signs the boo boys won't know what to do. Will have Smith taking over from Kuipers (enough to send some over the edge), Lynch (hopefully) being a rock at centre back, Harding left back and Murray (the traitor who wants to be with his family, damm him) up front.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If he signs the boo boys won't know what to do. Will have Smith taking over from Kuipers (enough to send some over the edge), Lynch (hopefully) being a rock at centre back, Harding left back and Murray (the traitor who wants to be with his family, damm him) up front.
:lolol:

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
If we do get Harding back...not a bad signing. He did a job for us and no-doubt could do it again. Can't balme him for going at the time, the club was still fighting for Falmer a doggie manager and a team with no ambition AT THE TIME.

We have alot more going for us, and seen as he supported and grew up in Brighton, why wouldnl' he want to come back. After all didn't he wear the England shirt ?, even at under 21 level . Very few of our players can claim to wearing one.

Lets give a chance....if he wants to of coarse

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Gav,

Harding is one of those players who seems to have promise, but ultimately
doesn't quite live up to that promise....and that is why he has been shipped
around in the hope that he fulfils that promise at a new club..and it isn't going
to happen.

I always remember him for one thing only: hoofing the ball up the left line at
Withdean!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Should we not sign him, who the f*** is gonna play left back this season? It's been a problem position for a few years now and I'm not holding my breath on a speedy McNulty return or Sulky Lynch playing there, so why do so many fans seem happy to see us without a LB rather than have Harding back fecking beggars belief imo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are other left-backs in the world you realise? It's not a straight choice between Lynch, Harding and Jimmy Mac and NOONE else.

Most teams actually HAVE a left back that can play there now, we don't at the moment so it may be an idea to actually get one rather than pontificating about what the choices are?

Of all posters you are the most likely to crucify the club for NOT signing a LB and at the moment the choices are those that you say are not the only choices :lol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here